CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I've been told it's my turn...

And I guess it's true. Ironic how I kind of forced this thing on the family, and now I'm the truant one. Oh well - I think Eryka and I seem to have lost some of the blogging bug since getting back from Spain. Eryka because she actually has other things to do with her life, and me just because I'm fed up with sitting in front of a computer all day long for work that I'd rather not extend the time when I get home.

Anyway, enough of the excuses. We're doing well, and there's not much news around here. I took a welcome break from work during the holiday season: three weeks straight with no documents to review, no contracts to draft, no negotiating, no stressing, no late nights, no unreasonable client demands. It was great. It was nice to feel like a part of my family again. I helped drive kids to activities, saw the school plays, went skiing with the kids, and relaxed. A lot.

I'm glad to have a job, though the time off made me think what real people who actually have time to lead a life outside of work are able to enjoy. At least I have the satisfaction of having one of the deals I worked on being rated the "Latin American Deal of the Year". (8 billion dollar IPOs tend to impress people - just not the right people - like your kids)

Did I tell you I'm trying to pick up snow-boarding (and the kids are learning how to ski)? I lived over two thirds of my life in Utah and never went skiing or snowboarding there. And I'm wishing I would have learned there. And looking forward to the chance to go skiing/snowboarding in real snow. It's so hard and icy out here that every mis-calculation results in a fall - and every fall is hard. But the kids are having fun learning. It's a slow process since we only have a few hours every weekend, but it's giving us some good time together.

Well, enough rambling.

I posted.

If you want more info, try calling me.

Or sending an email to my work account. That tends to be the most effective method.

2 comments:

Worthy Glover Sr. or Gail Glover said...

So glad you understand the meaning of irony. Our love to the New York Glovers. Thanks for posting.

Nan said...

And your work email account would be? If you don't want to leave it here, send me a message on facebook.