CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 5, 2009

The view from my back porch.

Bears Ears at sunset

Sunset from Kd's backyard
Littlest Worthy on his baptism day with his Grandpa Worthy
Thomas on his baptism day (same day) with his dadTwo yummy birthday cakes
Thomas blows out his candles
Worthy getting ready to blow out his
Worthy blows out his candlesYummy cake!
And so what is going on in the Bartons' lives right now. Lots and lots of stuff.

Most of the above pictures come from one of those busy days. Garrett's Cross Country Meet in the morning. Our visit to the Four Corners Monument (see our blog for that--I am too lazy to link you). Baptisms in the early evening. A barbeque at Kd's. An 80th birthday party for our neighbor we attended the same night. The BYU game we would rather not mention. We thought it was lucky Kd and Clay had the Versus Channel on their TV, but after watching the game, it didn't feel so lucky. It seems to me there was more going on that day, but I can't remember it now.

We have lots of days like that around here. I am not complaining. Busy, busy, busy. And we are all doing okay. All right, I have to admit, my house is a wreck, a disaster area, but it is still livable. You know that has never been my strong suit, and since I am gone so much, we just have clutter building on top of clutter. I just don't exactly have the time or the willpower to tackle it all, much less the energy.

For those of you who weren't aware, I have been working at Britt's office since August. It is an arrangement we actually considered earlier this year, but Britt was able to hire an assistant at that time. For various reasons, she didn't work out, and I have since been answering phones and a few other various things for Britt 3 days a week. We are still in the process of figuring out how I am going to help Britt improve his business, while obviously cutting costs. We are also in the process of figuring out a set work schedule for me, and a set babysitter for Olivia.

Too much is up in the air, but we are getting closer to getting at least that stuff settled.

I have to be honest with you guys, times are tough. We thought we could dodge around this messed-up economy thing, but it has smacked the mortgage industry something fierce. And while Britt is working harder than ever, it is harder to clear loans anymore, so we have had a hard time making as much money as we need to get by. I know it is hard for Mom to hear this, since she is helpless to do anything about it and she is a fixer. I am not asking for help. Just telling it like it is.

You may have read the post where I said goodbye to our boat as we decided we needed to sell it. Well, the boat didn't sell. We thought we had worked out an arrangement with a time-share sort of situation with someone up north. But he damaged and misplaced several parts on our boat and boat trailer during the time that he had it, and has never been reliable with the money part of the transaction. Because of this, we are behind on our boat payment. We have put thousands of dollars in payments into the boat already, but because we are behind, the people who hold the loan on the boat will be coming to take the boat this Friday.

At least we have a lot of good memories. I had hoped we could have more than that, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Thanks, everyone, who shared with us some wonderful times on that boat.

And don't worry about us. We are going to be okay. I just needed you to know.

4 comments:

Tim & Nancy said...

Nan we love you and love your honesty. It is great that you share with us your feelings. We are praying daily for you guys and want you to know we still think you guys are awesome even if you don't have a boat. Also, let Garrett and Cole know that we are proud of the effort they are putting into school and sports I know it is not easy.

eryka said...

We love you too. This economy is super tough. I'm sorry about the boat but I'm still just as excited to come see you guys next year or whenever we come. We love you guys. Keep us updated. We probably have some major changes to announce soon too. No, I'm not pregnant.

Kim said...

Nan, thanks for posting and for your honesty. I'm so glad our lives are centered on family and not on things...even though it is painful you have your priorities in line. Love you.

Worthy Glover Sr. or Gail Glover said...

We love you the most, and if we could do anything to spare you the present dilemma, we would definitely do it. The Lord must love you dearly to let you experience such trials, and someday, somehow, you will come out of this refined and restored to greater understanding of His plan for you. BTW, we love the photos too.